Here are some questions you can ask yourself before considering a full or partial renewal of your sound equipment.
1. Is it for a fixed or mobile configuration?The church is more than a building. Depending on the configuration of your church, if your congregation meets in a variety of locations or does not have a fixed location, it is important to find a compact and mobile sound system. If your church has a dedicated building, it is better to move towards a permanent and fixed system.
2. What are the dimensions of the place of worship?Your sound system should be directed towards the assembly and not towards the walls or ceiling. Your speakers must also be adapted to the geometry of your room. A room with a lot of length and a high ceiling does not require the same system as a larger room with a very low ceiling.
3. What is the dynamic of your cult?Depending on the type of cult, varying from the traditional style to the most modern, your sound system will not have the same expectations. If you only want to sound sermons, then you can opt for a more modest amplification system which will have to transcribe good intelligibility of the spoken voice. If, on the contrary, your cult has a large worship group with various instruments, you will have to move towards a more complete and powerful sound system which will be able to transcribe all the frequencies present in the music.
4. Who is responsible for your sound system?Most of the time untrained volunteers govern the sound at church. It is therefore important to use quality configurations that are easy to use for the servants who use them. We must therefore consider simplifying the configurations or otherwise providing quality training for the members of the technical team.
5. What are the available HF frequencies?Depending on the size of your assembly and the extent of your wireless system, using HF network bands can be very complex. It is important to know the frequency bands available which may vary depending on your geographical location.
6. What is your budget?The prices of the various components of public address are often not well known and there is a constant trade-off between what the church can afford and the safety and quality requirements that our churches need. Better to invest in a scalable system that can serve the church for years to come and that can accommodate church growth. In the long run, this is cheaper than adding individual parts that meet immediate needs.
If you are looking to renew the sound system of your church, do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at +33 (0) 3 66 89 00 89 or +33 (0) 7 56 79 87 73. Our technical department can advise you and offer you training adapted to the level of the technical team of your church.
2 Replies to "How to choose a sound system for the church?"
Merci 🙏🏾 pour vos idees.
Nous souhaitons renouveler notre système de sonorisation, car nous avons trop de résonance dans notre lieu, nous avons déjà créé des panneaux acoustiques, nous aurions besoin d’aide pour diminuer la résonance et améliorer notre système de sonorisation.
Leave a Reply